TF Mobile is a mobile app which allows you to bring information from TF with you to the field. There you can examine data, respond to comments, make new comments and sync this information back to TF again on your return.
This guide describes how to install TF Mobile on Android-based mobile devices.
Before we install TF Mobile we must first ensure the mobile device will allow us to install third party apps from outside of the Google Play Store.
- Locate the settings on your Android device
- Select Security
- Enable the Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store option
Installing TF Mobile
Next we’ll install the latest version of the app.
- In your mobile browser, navigate to the following link: http://goo.gl/OgCkej
- If prompted for a username / password, use the one emailed to you by the TF development team
- Click Next and Install
- manioc / TF Mobile should now be installed.
Securing TF Mobile
In this section we’ll set up a separate Android profile from which we will access TF Mobile. This will ensure your TF data is kept secure in the event your device is stolen. It is highly recommended that you do not skip this step.
First open your Android settings and select Users.
Press Add user or profile.
Select Restricted profile.
Press the Settings button for the new profile.
Enter a name for the profile (e.g. TF Mobile) and press OK.
Locate manioc (TF Mobile) in the list of apps and drag its slider to the ON position.
Now come out of the settings and switch the device’s display off and on again to show the unlock screen. Select the new profile and unlock the device.
Now let’s set a screen lock for the new profile. Open the Android settings and select Security.
Select Screen lock.
Now set up your preferred method of securing the new profile.
Congratulations, TF Mobile is now installed. Please note:
- Always use TF Mobile through the new profile set up above to protect your data.
- TF Mobile can be opened from your apps list: