Crowdfunding Status: Active
Currently, Crayfish is not compatible with QGIS 3.x (as QGIS 3 has significant changes to its API). This crowdfunding project will not only make Crayfish compatible with QGIS 3 but will also greatly enhance the user experience and add some significant new features. Changes will include:
- Rendering of data in QGIS 3’s new 3D canvas: With our work on QGIS 3D canvas now complete, visualising Crayfish layers in 3D is now possible
- Support for large datasets: the refactoring will allow users to load very large datasets using less memory / RAM (lazy loading)
- Easier installation: we’re aiming to remove the need for compiled libraries so Crayfish will have much wider support for various operating system and QGIS version combinations
- Spatial indexing: to make zooming & panning the map as well as query values much faster and smoother
- Ability to remove quantities: remove unwanted quantities without needing to close the Crayfish layer
- Export animations with particle tracing: Currently tracing is only visualised on the map canvas and not exportable
Crayfish currently supports the following formats:
- NetCDF and GRIB
- HEC RAS 2D
The current version of Crayfish is the result of significant development work with many organisations and individuals benefiting - some of this work was very kindly sponsored. Ensuring Crayfish continues to be awesome and supported in the future takes time and money - hence why we wrote this page. If you wish to use Crayfish in QGIS 3 then please consider contributing to this crowdfunding project.To ensure continued support for sponsors’ solvers, please be sure to list the solvers you use in the crowdfunding form below.
If you have a technical question or would like to discuss this project further please contact Peter Petrik, the primary project developer.
This is a crowdfunded project. Crowdfunding spreads the burden of development costs for projects that benefit the wider QGIS community. Find out more below and on our main crowdfunding page.
|Project Duration*||12 weeks|
|Project start date*||2 January 2018 (or as soon as the campaing reached its target fund - depends on the availability)|
|Goal||29990€ (ex. VAT)|
|Minimum donation||200€ (ex. VAT)|
* Project start date and duration are indicative.
This project cannot go ahead without your support! We use crowdfunding to raise funds for projects like this one which benefit a wide community of users. The project will only go ahead if sufficient funding can be raised before the project crowdfunding deadline. Please see our main crowdfunding page for more information about our crowdfunding initiative and how it works.
Pledging funds is safe and easy. Simply use the form below to state how much you want to pledge - pledges only become binding if the funding target is reached before the deadline. Download a pledge form to get started:To ensure continued support for sponsors’ solvers, please be sure to list the solvers you use in the crowdfunding form below.