Our GeoServer training course was developed for organisations looking to use GeoServer to publish GIS layers either internally within their organisation or externally over the web. The course gives delegates practical experience in connecting GeoServer to vector and raster datasources, publishing layers, styling published data and setting up tile caching to boost performance. Even publish your INSPIRE datasets to data.gov.uk A detailed course outline can be found below.
It is assumed that delegates have a solid understanding of GIS concepts.
All of our training courses combine presentations with practical exercises, allowing delegates to practice the techniques and concepts being taught. Delegates are supplied with a hard-copy course manual containing all exercises and presentation materials.
Delegates are encouraged to bring any datasets they may find useful during Open Sessions, held at the end of each day where tutors aim to solve any relevant GIS queries or problems.
- Install GeoServer including additional modules (e.g. printing)
- Style and publish maps and GI using OGC standard services such as WMS and WFS
- Optimise GeoServer for performance and reliability
- Publish INSPIRE datasets to data.gov.uk
- Requires working logins to the UK Location Metadata Editor and data.gov.uk - contact us for more information
Lutra Consulting specialise in running customised training courses for organisations. That means that you get to choose the course content that best meets your requirements and we'll send one of our knowledgeable and experienced tutors to you, with everything required to run your course, anywhere in the UK or Ireland.
Please see our main training page for more information about how we run our courses.
Our GeoServer course is a one day course and covers the topics listed below.
Please contact Peter Wells on 01444 848012 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a course or to discuss your requirements in detail.
|Introduction to GeoServer||Intermediate|
|Publishing Vector Data||Intermediate|
|Viewing Published Layers||Intermediate|
|Publishing Raster Data||Intermediate|
|Tile Cache Management||Intermediate|
|WFS (Web Feature Service)||Intermediate|
|Publishing OS MasterMap (requires access to working PostGIS instance)||Intermediate|
|Installing the GDAL Plugin (optional)||Intermediate|
Our supported clients also get access to comprehensive documentation for configuring GeoServer for use in a production environment including:
- Optimising GeoServer for production use
- Securing layers and integration with Active Directory
- Automating backup
- Setup and management of staging / testing instances
- Publishing MS SQL Server and Oracle Spatial data
- Publishing INSPIRE datasets to data.gov.uk
- Using watchdog scripts